Wow! Someone nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award! More specifically Lindsay from NormalCooking! Thanks Lindsay! Go check out her blog – it is very lovely and a great read. I was a little taken aback when I found out she had linked me in her nomination for the One Lovely Blog award – I guess I’m just happy that people are actually reading anything I put here :)
So there are rules – Number one – I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you probably don’t know. Sheesh – I’m pretty open so I guess you may or may not already know these things about me:
1. I’m pregnant with our first chid. Okay, some (most) of you know that, but I’m going to assume that most of the rest of the internet doesn’t know. Here – maybe you didn’t know that my husband and I have not chosen any name options yet because it’s really the only thing we can’t seem to agree on when it comes to this baby. I know pregnant women are emotional, but this is probably the most emotionally overwhelming conversation we have – always ends in tears. Haha! I guess we have 4 months to come to some sort of agreement :)
2. I don’t like eggs. I mean, they’re useful, but I don’t like eating them. If they’re with a whole bunch of other ingredients fine, but I’d rather not eat them otherwise. I will occasionally indulge in eggs over easy, but even then, I only dip pieces of toast into the yolks. That’s it. Otherwise – eggs = gross.
3. I used to drive a motorcycle. I named it Jackson Jackson. Yes – twice.
4. I know how to play the piano – pretty well, actually. I started lessons when I was about 6 years old, but I haven’t really kept up with my practice for a few years now. I’m an excellent site reader.
5. My husband has a glorious beard. Okay, that one’s not really about me, but I think it says something. When we were dating it was clean-shaven face, or I don’t even want a hug. So the fact that he’s been bearded up for nearly 5 years now is pretty grand. I’ve definitely grown to love it.
6. I don’t know how to sew. Don’t get me wrong – I want to know – I was just never any good at following patterns in home ec. I’ll occasionally throw together something just to see if it works, but I’m still definitely in need of much schooling before I produce something that isn’t a little terrifying.
7. I’m prone to burning myself in the kitchen. Obviously that’s bound to happen – but I’m uniquely good at touching a hot pan, splattering some scalding concoction on myself, or even worse when we had a ceramic stove top there were multiple occasions where I burned the entire palm side of my hand and fingers because I forgot that it’s still hot once it’s off. I own an industrial strength ice pack and use it often.
Another rule of being nominated: I’m supposed to nominate 10-15 other blogs that I think also deserve to be recognized for the Lovely Blogs that they are. I’m relatively new to the blog sphere, so my list is pretty short, but I think you’ll agree with me that these are truly lovely blogs once you get your eyes on their awesomeness. I would also like it to be known that I would love to nominate the person that nominated me – because I really do think her blog is lovely – but I think that defeats the purpose of spreading it around.
Ok so here are ALL the rules for this award:
-Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
-Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
-Nominate 10 to 15 bloggers you admire.
-Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.