Who doesn’t love pizza? I know very few people who will pass up a fresh slice of this versatile dish. What’s better than hot bread topped with salty cheese and sweet tomato sauce? Add whatever else you like – any way you slice it…
Okay I can’t keep this up. APRIL FOOLS!!
You too can fool your kiddos in the future with this silly pizza.
1 roll of sugar cookie dough
1/2 c Strawberry jam
Half a bag of white chocolate chips
2 Strawberry fruit roll ups
- Press out your cookie dough into a large circle on a sheet of parchment paper. It works even better if you have a circular pizza pan, but I don’t. Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Honest moment – I left mine in the oven a few minutes too long…that’s why it’s that lovely darker brown color. Don’t worry – the final product is very forgiving.
- Lay a long piece of parchment on the counter or your table. Place the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat for 1 minute 30 seconds on full power. Stir, and then return to the microwave for 30 second intervals stirring between until smooth. Place in a zip lock baggy and snip off a corner. Pipe out lines (or one really huge zigzag) and let the chocolate dry until set – about 1-2 hours.
- Spoon out about a 1/2 c of strawberry jam onto your baked cookie. I just eyeballed it, so put more of less if you like. Spread it around to almost the edge.
- Pull the set chocolate off the parchment and break into small, shredded cheese sized pieces. Sprinkle over the jam and spread out as necessary.
- Using a small circle cutter – or the end of a frosting tip like me – cut your fruity pepperoni out of the fruit roll ups.
All that’s left to do is trick your kid who’s been asking for pizza all day!! Have fun!!